Monday, May 7, 2012

Do You Wonder....

Do you wonder what it would be like to be 7 or 8 again?

I find myself thinking this often as I watch kids skipping down the hall, whispering about sleep overs, and  talking about the yummy graham cracker and chocolate frosting snack their mom packed in their lunch.  Ahh....the simple things in life;)

All of these musings led me to create a "Day in the Life" journal for my kiddos to record what it's actually like to be them for a day!

Each sweetie documented 7 different events in their day beginning from the time they woke up until they went to sleep at night.  During the school day I stopped them several times during the day, set the timer for ten minutes, and let them write about what they were doing, seeing, thinking, and feeling. Each child recorded the time of the event, wrote a paragraph, and included a quick sketch of the event.  Then...we moved on with our day!  And, in order to capture their after school lives, the kiddos completed a 5:00 p.m. and 7:30 p.m. journal entry to round out the day.

After collecting information about their days, the kids published "A Day in the Life of..." stories in either a storyboard, comic strip, or timeline.

I have included the journal here for you to use in your classroom!





Click {HERE} to download the Day in the Life Journal!

You can download Comic Strip Paper here!  It's different than the one featured in the photo below:)







I hope this activity helps you get through the next few weeks with your kiddos!!

I am definitely experiencing Spring Fever in my classroom!  

Counting down the days until to June 8:)

Happy Monday!

~Nichole


No comments:

Post a Comment