Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Conjunction junction, what's your function?

Do you have School House Rock running through your head right now?  I do!  I've been singing it all week!

On that note...

We're working on conjunctions in my classroom and my sweeties are using their eyes to spy conjunctions all over the place and they're proud of the super sentences they've been writing.

I came across the acronym "FANBOYS" to aide in remembering the conjunctions for, and, nor, but, or, yet, so and had to laugh out loud!  Seriously?  Fanboys?  That's crazy, right?  Well...I have to admit, it helped me as I created these activities.  Now, along with singing conjunction junction, I have an image in my mind of a group of boys carrying fans!

We have been working with states of matter this week and my students are creating more complex sentences using conjunctions!  YIPPEE!








Download the Conjunction Activities here!

1 comment:

  1. Thank you for sharing this! These resources will be perfect to add to my conjunction lessons. I appreciate your hard work!

    ReplyDelete